Thursday, July 10, 2008

We All Look The Same In The Dark



WOW! While most artists get old and you lose interest in them as time goes on... some acts consistently get better with each subsequent release. McFly are one such group.

I remember when they first started I dismissed them as just another teen rock band trying to cash in on the 'Busted' phase. I didn't mind the odd song from them... but I kept on waiting for them to fade away. The thing was... they never just went away. To date they've released 14 singles and had 7 number 1's!

After releasing a Greatest Hits album last year the band announced that they were unhappy with the decisions their record label had been making and they would no longer be releasing music with a major label. Instead the boys have formed their own label and now have complete control over their music.

The new album 'Radioactive' will be released in September but we've already had our first taste of their work with the new single - One For The Radio.

All I can say is WOW! After hearing this song I'm officially a full fledged McFly fan. They've really outdone themselves this time. This song has everything right. It's hard hitting, catchy, easy to sing along to, melodic and in your face at the same time. I love the line... "Don't pretend you hate us then you sing our songs..."

McFly... like Girls Aloud in a lot of ways have proven that they have staying power because they're not afraid to grow, develop and try new things. I can't wait to hear what they come up with next.

McFly - One For The Radio

.

1 comment:

Myfizzypop said...

they are indeed brilliant and woefully underrated. this is a bit of a grower than say, I'll Be Ok but is equally as epic. I remain stunned.