Friday, April 13, 2007

I Was Everything, Now I'm Nothing

Fredrik Kempe









As PopPosterGirl announced, Mans Zelmerlow has finally announced a date for the release of his debut album. Soon we will have a new Mans single to drool over and an entire album of pop chunes!

Until then we turn to Fredrik Kempe, who not only penned 'Cara Mia,' but also wrote 'Vagar Du, Vagar Jag' for Sanna!

Fredrik has had some success himself as a solo artist. His debut single 'Vincero' is a fusion of Opera & Pop music and catapulted him to fame back in 2002. In 2004 he entered Melodifestivalen as a solo artist with a tribute to Benny Andersson (Of AbbA fame). He writes, produces and performs his own tracks.



His tracks can best be described with words such as 'Epic' and 'Dramatic, sweeping anthems.' I'm a huge fan of his two albums and while I know a lot of blogs have covered his songs in the past, I felt I had to dedicate at least one post to him. Back when I discovered 'Vincero' I remember blasting it on my discman on the bus not realising how loud I had it. Finally someone actually stopped me and asked what the heck I was listening to. Listen to 'Vincero' and you'll see why!


Fredrik Kempe - Disco Volante
Fredrik Kempe - My Love
Fredrik Kempe - Miss America
Fredrik Kempe - Finally
Fredrik Kempe - Vincero
Fredrik Kempe - Fallen Angel

1 comment:

Poster Girl said...

Oh, my--I love these, especially "Vincero"! I've got his two albums ordered, but they haven't arrived yet--wow...I knew he'd written some great songs, but I don't think I'd really realized how great his own music was, or at least how many great songs he must have! "Vincero" is just clearly all kinds of brilliance, but the others are so great, too. Catchy, but beautiful as well.