Friday, August 03, 2007

Encore...Otra Vez


Darin came in 2nd place in Swedish Idol all the way back in 2004! I am a huge fan of Darin's albums. I actually posted some tracks from his latest album last year. This time I'm going WAY back and am going to post some tracks from his debut album - 'The Anthem' and his 2nd album 'Darin.' All 3 of Darin's albums have hit #1 in Sweden and he's had 8 top 10 singles with 2 hitting number 1!


What I love about Darin is that every one of his albums has gotten better and better. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.



This was the winning song from Swedish Idol 2004. Although Darin didn't win... he still included his version of the track on his album. The track is very "I've just won Idol and am singing a power ballad." The song builds up until it hits a climax at the end and the choir comes in.



When I listen to this song it makes me think of being on a boat somewhere, sailing in the middle of the ocean. The song is pretty mellow, but gives him a chance to show off his vocal range.



This one is pure brilliance! It really set the tone for his 3rd album which is filled with catchy hard hitting tracks like this one.



Not only can he sing a funky dance track... but he can nail a ballad like this. I had a hard time deciding on what my favorite ballad was on his 2nd album, but I decided to post this one. I really like the production on it. Of coarse there is a key change in there as well!



1 comment:

obsessed-with-music said...

Walk The Distance - is one of the greatest tracks I've heard in last several years and is definitely one of the best Darin's songs for me. "Everything But The Girl" from the second albums produces almost the same impression on me.