Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No One Sees Me But The Silver Moon

Enrique Iglesias

In 2001 when Enrique Iglesias released his second english album it immediately became one of my all time favorite albums. I thought 'Escape' was the best of the best. If I was blogging back in 2001 there's a very good chance that it would have been my number 1 song of the year, 'Escape' remains his most successful single to this date!


But he followed it up with a weak third album '7' in 2003. The album failed to light up the charts and none of the singles enjoyed and particular success. Soon after Enrique all but dissapeared from the english music scene.


All that changed last year when he released 'Insomniac' in 2007 off the heels of the debut single "Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)." While the album doesn't have anything on it quite as good as "Escape" it's really grown on me over the past two months.

In particular I have fallen for his latest European single - "Tired Of Being Sorry." The song isn't being released in North America, but has charted in the Uk, Sweden, Finland and has just been released in France. If you haven't heard this song you should definitely check it out below. The verses are very calm and if you only heard the verses the song would be extremely boring... but I LOVE the chorus. I've always had a soft spot for Enriques vocals and I love the instruments and melody in this. It's one of the best choruses of the year I think!?

Sometimes when artists are releasing singles in different territories it is common practice to have a popular singer from that country feature on the vocals. (This was done previously with Enriques single for You're My Number One; vocals from Russian singer Alsou were added)



This time french singer 'Nadiya' had added a french touch to his latest single. I still prefer the original version, mostly because I prefer Enriques voice, but I don't mind this french version at all. Nadiya has been extremely successful in France with 9 top 40 singles under her belt.
.
.

No comments: