Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Everything I Do Is Not Good Enough From Your Perspective...


The Idol format that started in the Uk has spawned superstars across the globe. With American Idol already in it's 6th season the format shows no signs of slowing down. One country that continues to embrace the Idol format is my favorite country, Sweden.
In 2005 Agnes shot to fame by winning Idols in Sweden. Her albums Agnes & Stronger both hit number 1 on the Swedish album charts. Agnes is the 3rd Idol winner who made it to the finals as a wildcard... she made it to the finals via jury selection.
Recently Agnes made headlines when she was selected to take part in Melodifestivalen 2007 with a track "More Than A Girl," but after talking about the song in an interview, which broke Melodifestivalen rules, she was disqualified. This of coarse left a spot open for Mans with 'Cara Mia.'
I picked up both of Agnes' albums while I was in Sweden. I haven't had a chance to listen to her first album but I quite enjoy her 2nd - Stronger. Acouple songs actually feature a harmonica which I've never heard in a pop song and I love! The album is great and has a nice mix of music styles with something for every mood. She tends to mumble a bit while she sings but she's definitely got an interesting voice!
Buy her albums Here

No comments: