Thursday, September 13, 2007

Get Up And Dance!


Have you ever downloaded a song and never actually listened to it? I was going through my computer yesterday and discovered I had downloaded some Gina G songs from her 2006 album and never actually listened to them! I was pretty suprised when I added them to my iPod and discovered they were actually pretty good!
Australian born, Gina G hit the big time back in 2006 when she was selected to represent the United Kingdom at the 1996 Eurovision Song Contest. Despite only placing 8th overall at Eurovision the track ended up at #1 in the Uk. The song then exploded around the world even reaching #12 in the USA.

Despite a successful debut album and multiple singles Gina G dissapeared from the spotlight. It wasn't until 2005 that Gina G was back in the spotlight as she entered "Making Your Mind Up" in the Uk. Although she didn't get the chance to go to Eurovision again she used the appearance to launch her new album - "Get Up And Dance" which was available exlusively from her website.

Currently Gina G has put her career on hold as she is pregnant with her second child... but since most people didn't even know she had released a 2nd album... you can download some of my favorite tracks from it below.





No comments: