Friday, February 02, 2007

SAMBA SAMBERO!

Melodifestivalen fever has begun! On Saturday Feb. 3rd Europes biggest Eurovision Pre-Selection contest begins.

Every saturday 8 songs will compete for a spot in the Swedish National Final that will take place on March 10th. Personally I am extremely excited as on Feb. 28th I'll be flying from Canada to Sweden to see the final LIVE @ the Globen on March 10th in Stockholm!



The first 8 songs have now been released and I am pleased to say I think we may have already heard the winner!

Anna Book's song 'Samba Sambero' is everything a Schlager and Pop fan could ask for including a dramatic key change. The Schlagerboys have already announced Samba Sambero as song of the year! Read their reviews here.


I don't have an mp3 yet but for now you can enjoy the song here.


My prediction is that Anna Book and Andreas Lundstedt will qualify for the final and that Sofia & Tommy Nilsson will move to the 2nd chance round.

2 comments:

Poster Girl said...

You're going to the final? I'm so excited (as well as a bit envious ;) ) for you! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back.

I so hope you're right about Andreas making it to the final--his song is so far my favorite from that semifinal.

Here's an mp3 of "Samba Sambero," if you want it, and just in case you don't have one yet :)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/samba-sambero-web-rip-mp3.html

Troy said...

LOVE YOU!

PS thank you for the post on Linda Bengtzing! She rocks my world.

Im really dissapointed Andreas didnt make it... 6th place is pretty dissapointing for sure. I guess the Swedish public don't want "modern" music at Melodifestivalen.