Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Final Countdown...

Melodifestivalen 2007

Some of my favorite songs of the year came from Melodifestivalen. It's been almost a year since the 32 songs were released and some of these songs are still so good that I play them constantly. While I loved so many of the songs... the ones I'm listing here are the ones that are so good that I continue to play them constantly. Since most of these songs have been around and posted on numerous blogs over the year I won't be posting links to the mp3... but if there is one you would like feel free to leave a comment and I will add the link.



Sonja Alden - For Att Du Finns

Uno & Irma - God Morgon


Mans Zelmerlow - Cara Mia



Of coarse Melodifestivalen 2007 helped pave the way for the massive success that Mans has had in 2007. It was clear that Mans won over the publics heart with his performance of Cara Mia. When his album was released soon after the competition he showed us what a true pop album should sound like. 'Stand By' is one of my top 5 pop albums of the year and had some of my favorite songs like...

Mans Zelmerlow - Miss America
Mans Zelmerlow - Brother Oh Brother
Mans Zelmerlow - Work Of Art (Da Vinci)




Linda Bengtzing & Markoolio - Varsta Schlagern

One of my favorite Swedish female singers of all time was supposedly denied a place in Melodifestivalen in 2007. So she shot back by releasing the song on her own... a cheecky duet with Markoolio. 'Varsta Schlagern' was their way at poking fun of of the chaos that is 'Melodifestivalen.' The music video has to be one of the best videos of the year as well. If you follow Melodifestivalen at all you'll see spoofs of all your favorite artsits from 2006 including BWO and Carola.



The good news is that Linda Bengtzing is BACK in 2008 with a massive Schlager Stompter! She's going to be guaranteed entry to the final round for sure!

No comments: