Friday, February 22, 2008

The Calm Before The Storm...


For the next 24 hours you can listen to one minute clips of the next 8 songs in Melodifestivalen.


I hate to say it but this may end up being the most boring semi-final yet.


There are only 2 songs that I really like, the rest are all pretty lacklustre to me, I don't even care who else goes through.


1. BWO - Lay Your Love On Me


Look, I LOVE BWO. They've produced one of the best albums of all time (Prototype) but I'm sorta getting bored of these singles they continue to release. Maybe it's just me? But this sounds like every other song they've ever released mixed in with Madonna's 'Hung Up.'


I do like it, but I don't LOVE it. When you compare it to the other songs we have in thie round, BWO is my vote to go straight through to the finalen.


2. Patrik Isaksson & Bandet - Under Mitt Tunna Skinn


This is the song I probably like the best in this semi-final. It's in swedish which I love and the chorus is high energy with a lot of layers. This year is lacking in Swedish entries and I think if this gets performed well he can make it to the final!


3. Caracola - Smiling In Love


No surprise that I like this song. It's very summery and cheery. I'll be interested to see how they can sing this live though. It's not as good as Cosmo4 from last year and Cosmo4 sung it great live. I doubt the girls will be able to pull this one off live.


The rest of the songs I'm not even going to bother ranking because I really don't like any of them. Therese is ok, but I don't think the opera bits work in the song. It would have been a much stronger entry if it just had a normal chorus. You can tell the song was written by 'Evan' but Evan should have sung it himself.


Eskobar will probably get to the final with this track, but it's extremely boring and if they send this to Eurovision they would never get past the semi-final.


The other songs aren't even worth me talking about.


The good news is that next Saturday is the Heat Of Death!!


So lets hope Patrik and BWO go through and Caracola get a second chance.


Maybe I'll like the songs more after they're performed?!


No comments: